Tuesday, March 16, 2010
'... a date which will live in world history.'
My college friend David came to visit last week while he was on the East Coast for his spring break. (He's working on his second master's.) For me, it was a great excuse to take a Wednesday off work and explore D.C.
We saw Michelle Obama's inaugural gown the day it went on display at the American History Museum.
We also checked out the Natural History Museum. I was especially intrigued by the stuffed animals and their variety of personalities and poses.
However, the copy editor in me really loved this draft of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's speech after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. I think it's awesome that without the last-minute copy-editing symbols on here, we wouldn't be quoting "a date which will live in infamy." (I'm pretty sure it says "world history" under those scribbles.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment