Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A kitten of many talents

Griffin is now about 12 weeks old. He has a couple favorite habits.

1) Acrobat: When he is playing hard, he literally does somersaults. Also, I have bar stools. I had to turn them on their sides so he wouldn't use them to jump onto the counter. He loves to play in the rungs of the stools. He walks along them, flips around them, etc. I bought a new (round) trash can. Before I put it to use, he had a ball lying it, rolling in it and standing on it as it rolled.

2) Mountain climber: In typical kitten habit, he will climb straight up anything. He's very talented at hooking his claws onto any surface and pulling himself up. The only thing he hasn't yet figured out is how to hook his claws into glass or brick. Thus, he has problems climbing onto my living room tables and climbing the brick wall behind my fireplace (yes, he tried this).

3) Swimmer/diver: He's a water lover. He plays along the edge of the tub while I shower and always hops in when I'm done. Sometimes he hops in while the water is on, but he's not yet sure if he likes the water streaming onto him. He loves to lap water out of my glass (unfortunately). He can play forever in a stream of water from the bathroom faucet. He likes to get his front paws and legs soaked, as well as his head and shoulders. Then, he'll either lie in the sink or scurry down (often slipping with his wet paws) and lick himself off.

No comments: