"A Film Unfinished" is as disturbing as I thought it would be. It's a propaganda film made in the Warsaw Ghetto by the Nazis. The footage has been used as historical footage, but more recently discovered film confirmed that much of it was staged at the direction of the Nazis.
I'm afraid if I attempt to explain too much, I'll simply get it wrong. So if you want to learn more, I suggest checking out the film's website.
The film interweaves this footage with diary accounts from the ghetto about the filming, as well as testimony from one of the cameramen. The filmmakers also asked some survivors from the ghetto to watch the footage while they were taped and to comment on portions of it.
All of it together makes for a disturbing, heart-wrenching film that plays the important role of uncovering a little more deception and setting the record straight.
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment