I visited Herrin over Memorial Day weekend for Herrinfesta Italiana and my 10-year high school reunion. I had a very busy weekend. I spent lots of time at the bocce courts, but that is also a good way to catch up with everyone in Herrin. I saw many, many old friends and Herrinites. Of course, it's also a little weird because there are people I semi-recognize but no longer really remember since I've been gone for 10 years.
| "So soft!" Nolen said, even though Snoopy is made of laminated wood. |
I also saw Nolen, of course. He'll be 3 in July. He was happy to let me take his photo. (He played marbles while I shot photos. And if I waited too long between photos, he would tell me to take one, while he said "Cheese! Smile!" (However, he usually didn't smile as he recited that.)
He also played with an old, wooden dog toy that I had when I was little. I believe it was originally Kevin's when he was little. I'm surprised it still exists (and moves!), but Nolen enjoyed taking "Snoopy dog" for a walk.
| "C'mon, Snoopy dog." |
No comments:
Post a Comment