I don't understand all the hubbub that has arisen around the new 90-calorie Coke cans that are coming in December. This article from Slate was about the fifth mention of it I read online the other day, and it was pretty funny.
But my first thought was, "Don't we already have mini cans?!?" I'll admit, I never paid much attention to them, but a couple years ago, mini cans arrived on the scene. In writing this post, I tried to find them online and had a very hard time, so perhaps they have since vanished? I haven't been back to the grocery store to inspect the shelves. However, small cans, of about 8 oz. each, I believe, were supposed to be the next cool thing back then. In fact, I found a place online where you can buy them. (Humorously, the can is labeled as a 100-calorie Coke.) I think my mom might have pointed them out to me even, commenting how she wished they made those when I was younger because I would NEVER finish an entire can of soda. (Can I say I was watching my calories, or do you all know me well enough to know it was really that I never drank more than 8 oz. in one sitting?)
So, if these already exist, why is the world freaking out about the arrival of a 7.5-ounce, 90-calorie Coke?
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment