Tuesday, July 06, 2010

World Cup

I'm a bit behind on posts about my activities, so I hope to catch up this week — before my next set of adventures happens.

Even though I barely (or not at all) understand soccer, I met a friend at Churchkey to watch the U.S. lose to Ghana in the World Cup. It's definitely fun to watch the games in a bar full of people who are excited about it. And it was also great that I was at Churchkey, which might now be my favorite bar. Such good beer! And all the bartenders are really helpful (and mostly male).

I can't remember exactly what I drank since that was now weeks ago, but I did have a saison cask ale. (I think it was Stateside Saison from Maryland, but I'm not sure anymore.) I also drank an Italian lager (not Peroni, not Moretti, but I can't remember what it was) and something else that I cannot recall.

We left as soon as the game ended and hopped across the street to check out Ghana Cafe. It was packed with people dancing and cheering and running down the sidewalk screaming. Pretty neat to see.

No comments: