Race day
I went to the racetrack in Laurel, Md., on Saturday to watch the Belmont. Unfortunately, they didn't have live races that day, but I did get to see a lot of gamblers. I might have wagered miniscule amounts on a few races (including the Belmont) myself ... but no luck at all.
Red velvet
I was really missing the red velvet cupcakes from SweetArt in St. Louis, so when I heard about a place called CakeLove, which was begun by a former lawyer, in D.C., I wanted to check it out. Imagine my excitement when I discovered CakeLove has a location in Silver Spring! So, I checked it out Saturday afternoon and tried a red velvet cupcake. It was slightly different than those from SweetArt but very delicious.
Night out in the Big S.S.
I was out in Silver Spring for the first weekend night since I've been here. The downtown area is quite the hopping place. I was surprised by how many people were out and about. I also ate Thai food for the first time since leaving St. Louis (and the wonderful restaurant Sen). I had really be craving some pad thai. What I ate was decent ... but didn't completely satisfying my Sen craving. I think I'm going to have to stop by there during my quick St. Louis trip.
Monday, June 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment