Friday, October 29, 2010

Northeast trip: Freedom Trail


Since I hadn't been to Boston before, I had to spend a day on the Freedom Trail. My cousin-in-law Ashley came with me for the day. Rather than detailing each spot, here are some of the best (or at least best photos).



State House
We couldn't take a tour since it was the weekend, but this is a pretty impressive building sitting up on the hill.



Granary Burying Ground
We visited the graves of Sam Adams, John Hancock, Paul Revere and Mother Goose. Angel and skull carvings are common on the gravestones.



Old City Hall
This isn't technically part of the Freedom Trail, but we passed by it. Out front is a donkey statue. Two footprints with elephants inside face the statue and say "Stand in Opposition."



Paul Revere House
We paid the $3 (or whatever) to take the tour inside Paul Revere's house. They even had some original furniture and such.



Old North Church
I'm a big fan of the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem "Paul Revere's Ride," so I was excited to see the Old North Church. The placement of the Paul Revere statue here was excellent for photography opportunities.

No comments: