Sunday, May 16, 2010

Slipping in the back

I recently joined the young adult group at my church. Yes, it's been more than a year since I moved out here, but I was a little slow to get involved. So, once a month, the young adult group sits in a reserved pew near the front of church — the fifth row to be exact.

And when I was sitting there last Sunday, I realized I have not been that close to the front of church since ... college, maybe? I think it has a lot to do with going to church alone and just slipping into an open spot near the back. I usually challenge myself to go closer to the front, but that results in me being just behind the halfway point (as opposed to four rows from the back).

I just thought it was humorous when last weekend the whole Mass looked different because of my much-closer perspective.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

We are usually sit in back people, but that's so we can make a quick escape should Hannah turn fussy. On Holy Thursday, I got chosen to have my feet washed, so we had to sit in the second pew from the front. I was scared the whole mass that Hannah would be disruptive, and actually, she ended up being great! I suppose it was because she could really "see" what was happening. But with two new ones on the way, I don't think we'll make the second pew our new "spot". : )