Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Egg fried rice

I've been wanting to try this egg fried rice recipe for a while, and I finally made it tonight.

I added some carrots, mushrooms and snow peas that I stir-fried beforehand. And I topped my rice serving with a little teriyaki chicken. The chicken was a bit last-minute, thrown in a skillet with some teriyaki sauce from a bottle, so that part could have had more flavor. But the rice and veggies were delicious.

(I really didn't want bits of scrambled-egg-looking pieces in my rice — I'm just not a fan of that — so I added the rice almost immediately after the egg and did lots of continuous stirring.)

On a side note, as I was cleaning up the dishes after dinner, my power went out — well the power of the entire building went out. I still don't know why, but it was out for about an hour. When the lights came back on, the cats were majorly spooked. Griffin was lying on the floor, and he tensed up and looked all around with wide eyes for about 5 minutes. Loki even looked a little scared.

No comments: